Support for those who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless
DISC’s Bradford No Second Night Out scheme supports anyone who’s:
- Homeless or at risk of becoming Homeless, and
- Over the age of 18.
Discovery House provides short term emergency accommodation in circumstances where an immediate housing solution cannot be provided. We provide:
- 8 rooms for clients who have slept rough for less than six months, 2 rooms for ‘entrenched’ rough sleepers
- 7 beds for clients with no recourse to public funds (2 beds dedicated for females)
- An additional 10 ‘sit-up’ spaces during cold weather
- 24/7 staffed, supported accommodation, every night of the year.
We are committed to ensuring accessibility to our service and can receive referrals by phone, fax, online, in person or through the national ‘Streetlink’ service.
The service responds to referrals within 24 hours and ensures a rapid response to the support needs of the individual.
Humankind works together with other local providers and Bradford City Council to deliver this service.