Bradford Immigration and Asylum Support and Advice Network
Support includes :
- the BIASAN Facebook site
- online English lessons (see details below)
- women’s and men’s WhatsApp group
- women’s and men’s Zoom gym groups
- food planting WhatsApp group
- creative activities
- the BIASAN store for donated items
- weekly phone check-ins
- support in asylum accommodation, where people are living together in a big group
- legal case advice
- food parcels and phone top-ups for the most in need
It is hoped that activities at Bradford’s Deaf Centre (25 Hallfield Road BD1 3RP) can start again, when Covid restrictions come to an end.
Every Thursdays 1- 3.30pm – Provides practical and emotional support, information, support to access services and activities.
BIASAN English lessons
During Covid-19 BIASAN offers English lessons in online ZOOM classes for asylum seekers and refugees. A team of 8 volunteer teachers runs classes twice or three times a week for lively English conversation in groups of about 6 students.
Students can use their phone or laptop for the lessons but they must get ZOOM on them. Help is available. Contact Richard Hargreaves [email protected] or Robert Wakefield [email protected] 07591 379436 to ask for lessons or for more information.
If you tell us your name, your phone number, your email address (if you have one) and the country you come from we can help you get to the lessons. To get Zoom go to: www.zoom.us and sign in.