Here, find out where to go :
- to open a bank account
- to open another type of financial account
- to get a loan
If you have money problems, you can find out about organisations that can help.
Also, there are websites to help you to spend less money on the things you need.
- Bank and Building Society AccountsYou need to open a bank or building society account so that you can: get paid or receive welfare benefits There are many types of bank account. Make sure you […]
- Credit Union AccountsBradford District Credit Union offers a place to save and borrow money. It is open to people who live in Bradford or the surrounding area. Credit Unions can be a […]
- Post Office Card AccountsPost Office Card Accounts are similar to bank accounts, but can only be used to receive Welfare Benefit payments. They can be easier to set up than a bank account. A […]
- Getting a LoanA bank, building society, finance company or Bradford Credit Union can give you a personal loan. You do not usually have to be an existing customer. It is important to […]
- Help with Money ProblemsIf you are having problems with debt or living costs, it is important to ask for help as soon as possible. Citizens Advice Bradford provides free, independent advice to people […]
- Help with Food if You Need ItIf you do not have enough money to buy or cook food, there are organisations in Bradford that can help you. This could be : emergency help with food supplies, […]
- ShoppingBradford has many great places for shopping and leisure. Try Visit Bradford – Escape to the Shops. If you know where to look, you can save money. You can find […]
Bank & Money Listings
Barkerend Road Post Office
Barnardo’s Keighley Road
There is an indoor market that sells fruit, vegetables, fresh fish and meat, clothes etc.
In 2020, the new Darley Street Market is due to open on Darley Street BD1 3HH.
Bradford Post Office
British Heart Foundation Furniture & Electrical
Cancer Research UK
Dracup Road Post Office
Eternity Charity Shop
Family Action – Bradford Advice Service
Girlington Advice and Training Centre
After Covid, the Drop-In service will resume.
GATC (Girlington Advice and Training Centre) provides free advice you can trust.
- Immigration (OISC Registered)
- Debt and Consumer Issues
Make an appointment. Ask for an interpreter, if you need it.
Guru Gobind Singh Gurdwara
Fresh vegetarian meals available in Langar Hall. Please cover your head, remove shoes. Open any day if you are hungry 7:00-20:00 (before 16:00 Sundays). The most social times are Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Islamic Relief Shop Bradford
During Covid, you can get telephone advice on 07504 552527.
Manningham Project is an advice service for people living in the area.
Normally, you can make a face to face appointment.
Mon to Fri 9:30 – 12:30 and 1:30 – 3:30.
You can usually get an interpreter as well.
- Utilities (gas, electricity and water supplies and bills)
Marie Curie Charity Shop Bradford
Royal Mail Bradford North Delivery Office
Salvation Army Shop, Wibsey
This is a local charity shop selling quality items at reasonable prices. Come in and browse in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere.