There are lots of ways to travel in and around Bradford.
Find out more about where you are living now. Then you can find the best way to make your journey.
Try using Google Maps. This can tell you the quickest or easiest way to get somewhere.
For school transport go to Education – Choosing a school.
Bradford centre is shaped like a big bowl.
Walk down a hill – and you are going towards the city centre: BD1.
- WalkingSometimes walking can be the easiest and quickest way to get around, especially in the city centre. If you are new to Bradford, go to If You Have Just Arrived. Get […]
- Public TransportCOVID – 19 Alert Let’s look after each otherYou must wear a face-covering on all trains and buses. This is the law, just now.Always check your journey. Some timetables have […]
- CyclingCycling can be a fun, quick and cheap way to travel around Bradford – and good for your health. Bradford has some cycle routes between different neighbourhoods to the city […]
- TaxisCovid – 19Bradford taxis should use their safety equipment – screens and sanitiser.This is to help protect people from Covid-19 and help people to feel safe. To catch a taxi, […]
- DrivingLegal Requirements If you have your own car or motorbike you must have a driving licence, road tax and vehicle insurance. You must also have your car or motorbike checked […]
- Air TravelThere are around 40 commercial airports in the UK that run international flights. The Trainline website includes a map to show you where the airports are, and details of how […]
The MCard is a smartcard that makes travelling on ANY buses and trains across West Yorkshire really simple – and best value.
You can buy an MCard online, or at the Bus Station Travel Centre at Bradford Interchange.
You can top up your MCard at Bradford Interchange, or online, or at a Payzone outlet near your home. There are at least 3 Payzone outlets in each Bradford postcode – usually in a shop. https://payzone.co.uk
DSA Test Centre Thornbury
DSA is a centre for driving tests and driving theory tests.
Pearson Professional Centres-UK Bradford
You can take your driving theory test at this test centre in the middle of Bradford. Appointments are limited at the moment, because of Covid. For information on rescheduling, refunds, and more, please check out our FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions).
Leeds Bradford Airport (LBA)
Heaton Private Hire (taxi)
CycleBradford.org.uk is a free, accessible web site for all types of cycling related activity in the district. It’s an umbrella resource that helps guide you into Bradford’s cycling community. We provide information about most of the organisations involved in cycling in and around Bradford District.
Contact us for more information, or to get involved.
Capital of Cycling
Capital of Cycling is a coalition of cycling organisations, community groups and charities.
We work to support and connect some of the fantastic cycling work, events and opportunities that are already going on in The District. Why not join us?
We have a cycling hub in the centre of Bradford, opposite City Hall, next to The Bradford Hotel.
Bradford Interchange Train and Bus Station
Bradford Interchange is a transport interchange in Bradford, West Yorkshire, England, which consists of a railway station and combined bus and coach station adjacent. It is served by the majority of bus services in the city centre along with National Express Coaches, while the railway station, which is one of two in the city centre (along with Bradford Forster Square), is served by Northern and is also the terminus for Grand Centralservices from London King’s Cross.