Here, you can find out important information about working in Bradford.
There are lots of services in Bradford to:
– help you find a job
– help you apply for a job
– help you to get work experience and skills
– give extra support if you need it
Recent Work Articles
- Finding a JobBradford has a big economy, which means there are jobs in many different areas. Big areas of employment in Bradford include: hospitality (eg restaurants, hotels, bars) health and social care […]
- Documents You Need to WorkWork visa? Maybe … National Insurance Number Working without a National Insurance Number You may need a work visa to work in the UK, depending on which country you are […]
- Wages and TaxNational Minimum Wage The UK has a national minimum wage. It is illegal for an employer to pay less than this. The amount you are paid (the rate) is different, […]
- Self-employmentMany people who have moved to the UK choose to set up their own business. In fact, in the UK there are half a million migrants running businesses. Here are […]
- VolunteeringVolunteering means you spend some time working unpaid, in the community, for the benefit of other people. Volunteering can be a good way to develop skills. It can help you […]
- Skills and ExperienceFor more information on adult learning and training for different industries and areas of work, go to Education. Would you like to gain some more skills or confidence to help […]
- Welfare BenefitsYou may be entitled to extra financial support from the government. This kind of support is called welfare benefits. The benefits system in the UK is changing right now. If […]
- Learning English – AdultsLearning English will really help you to find work. It will help you become part of your new community. There are many classes where you can learn English in Bradford. […]
Work and Employment Services
Horton Housing Volunteer Services
Horton Housing provides housing, training and support services.
They want volunteers now, to be befrienders for the Connecting Opportunities service.
They will be looking for more refugees and other migrants with lived experience to join the volunteer programme, when their training centre re-opens.
Peacemaker International is a charity for the advancement of conflict resolution through mediation services and training. Major emphasis is on:
- empowering women for justice by supporting survivors of domestic abuse and their children
- providing skills development, mentoring, befriending
- supporting ex-offenders and new arrivals in the UK and
- providing advocacy and promoting the rights of people with learning disabilities and social inclusion of the elderly
- campaigning to raise awareness of issues of forced marriages and female genital mutilation
Projects include :
- Home-School Mediation
- Youth Support
- Learning Disabilities Support
- Women and Children groups
- Youth Inclusion in education, employment and training
- Bradford Women against Domestic Violence
Horton Community Farm
Horton Community Farm is a 2 acre green space run by locals in the heart of urban Bradford. Our work is creating an inspirational permaculture centre for food growing and community resilience through 5 main strands of work. These are environmental education such as forest schools, horticultural therapy, wildlife, food growing and volunteering.
Growing Hope for sanctuary seekers
Growing Together for families with 0-3’s
Mindfulness Gardening for over 50s and carers of over 50s
Volunteering for anyone over 15
See our website for more details.
Healthwatch Bradford is the independent champion for people who use health and social care services. They gather people’s views and they influence improvements to health and social care in the area.
Bradford Westfield House Jobcentre
During Covid, it is not possible to contact Jobcentre Plus directly by phone. For general enquiries, you can email them, putting in the Subject Box : JCP Contact Us Local Office Westfield House Jobcentre Plus.
You can get phone information from the national helpline, about your personal circumstances, job-seeking, existing claims and new claims.
You will be given a lot of information and choices about who to contact next. If you need help with this, you could try asking at Bradford Citizens Advice by phoning 0344 245 1282. Or you could ask at a community centre near you.
At the moment, it is not possible to contact a jobcentre direct by phone.
This will change soon, after Covid restrictions end.
Meanwhile, there is information online, for example about :
- finding a job
- universal credit
- new benefit claims
- existing benefit claims
- National Insurance numbers
You can also email Eastbrook Jobcentre, using the address below.
Be sure to write in the subject box :
JCP Contact Us Local Office Eastbrook House Jobcentre Plus
Christians Against Poverty (CAP)
Lunch is available on Fridays from midday to 1pm, for anyone who has been to a class at Hope House during the week (in normal non-Covid times).
CAP job club, with help from trained volunteers, in a relaxed environment, with the chance to meet other jobseekers, get support and gain the tools needed to find work. Mondays from 9.30am to 12.30pm. (Contact Corinne on 07709 683650)