Sometimes walking can be the easiest and quickest way to get around, especially in the city centre.
If you are new to Bradford, go to If You Have Just Arrived.
Get some tips about how to find out where you are – and how to find your way around.
Walking for Pleasure
Get the Bradford Countryside Service leaflet of walks in the area. Find these at:
- your nearest library
- Bradford Tourist Information Centre
Or see the Countryside Guided Walks programme.
Peace Trail Walks – leaflets from Bradford Cathedral
BEES (Bradford Environment Education Service) organise some interest walks. Contact: [email protected]
To find out more about the rules for pedestrians in the UK you should read the Highway Code. Pedestrian is the name given to road users who are walking. The Highway Code is the national set of rules and advice for all road users which is available on the GOV.UK website:
- Try to use safe crossing places such as Zebra or Pelican crossings, footbridges over the road or islands.
- Use the Green Cross Code for more advice to help you cross the road safely.
- Remember traffic drives on the left in the UK.
- Do not try to cross the road while looking at your mobile phone.
- It is a good idea to wear hi-visibility or reflective clothing to help you be seen, especially in bad weather or at night.