Staying Safe

Reporting a Crime

If you are a victim of a crime, you should report it to the police. They can support you.

If possible, they will investigate what happened, find the criminal or criminals responsible and prosecute them, if there is enough evidence.

  • If it is an emergency (if someone is in danger or has been hurt) you should call 999.
  • If it is not an emergency (if the crime has already happened and nobody is in danger or has been hurt) you should call 101.

Also, you can go to the Help Desk at:

Bradford Police Station

The police force for Bradford is West Yorkshire Police.

In Bradford, there are several Neighbourhood Policing Teams. Enter your postcode.

Their job is to work with the local community.

The West Yorkshire Police website has advice on a range of topics around safety.

If you go to the police for help, you can ask for an interpreter.

You can also ask a friend or relative to interpret for you.

Related Information